Friday, April 29, 2011

What a difference a year makes

At the beginning of the school year I signed up to help with the Easter party in Addison's class. I was room mother last year so I thought, how hard could it be? and didn't give it a second thought. Well, let me tell you, there is a big difference in the activities between 3 and 4 year olds! I helped the kids dye their Easter eggs...wow! I have a new found appreciation for Addison's teachers. Mrs. Crutchfield, in the red sweater, is amazing. Addison refers to her as 'Crutchfield' as much as I try to tell her to add the Mrs., she won't. She promised me that all the kids did it but when I asked the teacher, she said, "Nope, just Addison, but I don't mind!" Geesh. Mrs. Joan, in the pink, has been Addison's helper teacher for the last two years. Mrs. Joan is great and keeps the 'organized' in organized chaos. Those kids don't get away with anything with Mrs. Joan keeping a watch on them! 
In the past few days, Addison has started showing me her reading skills! It's so amazing to see how far she has come since she started at her school. From recognizing letters, to writing them, to now putting the sounds together to READ! Last year, she didn't participate in circle time and didn't want much to do with anyone besides her teacher. This year, she has come right out of that shell! She rode the pony when the petting zoo came to school. Last year, she wouldn't even stand next to it to take a picture! Which leads me to these pictures... if you skipped ahead, you would see Addison standing with the Easter Bunny! This is the first time she has ever gotten close to the Easter Bunny/Santa!! I guess I've gone on long enough... here are some pictures from my experience in Addison's class.
The organized chaos that is a preschool class!

Brianna enjoying a special treat she made with Addison

Whose scared of the Easter Bunny? Not me!

I found one! I found one!

I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it myself!

No comments: