Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Fashion Show


Addison's class put on the cutest Mothers Day Celebration! Each mom had her own special place set with a handmade #1 Mom ribbon, a decorated plate, a beaded necklace, a neck roll, and a picture flower pot. These kids must have been crafting up a storm for weeks to get all this done! 


Then there was a wall where each kid drew a picture of their mom and us mom's had to guess which one we were! So cute!! I did guess correctly on my first try... but I think I was a dead giveaway with the big ol' round belly!!


Then, each kid dressed in mom's or dad's clothes and was introduced on the red carpet as couples complete with a fun story describing what they were wearing, and where they going after the party. The teachers really put alot into it! It was great!! Addison checked out my maternity clothes and with the saddest look on her face said, "I don't like any of this." Fortunately we were able to find the perfect red dress in my non-materity wear!

The kids then serenaded us with the most adorable "I love mommy" songs and joined us for lunch. It was fantastic, very special. I know all the mom's just loved it. And that was just the beginning of a wonderful Mothers Day weekend. Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing mom's and mom's-to-be out there!

No comments: