Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm a big girl now!

My back finally ached enough from heaving all 30+ pounds of Addison over the side of her crib everyday that she is now sleeping in her toddler bed! YEAH! Bryan and I were very nervous about marking such a major milestone because of all the horror stories you hear about the big move. Much to our surprise, Addison has handled it wonderfully... so far. She asks permission to get out of bed after nap and in the morning and hops in when we ask her to. She loves her "big girl bed" because she can get in and out all by herself. I know enough to know that after a while, she is going to figure out that she can get out without me telling her it's okay to! But, until that day...







On a more serious note, we are all asking for a little prayer for cousin Mattox. My sister had been noticing the he was bruising pretty badly for bumps that shouldn't have and then he had a few nosebleeds for what seemed to be no reason. After quite a few blood test the doctors are fairly certain he has Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP). In a nutshell, it is a rare blood disorder where his immune system attacks the platelets making it difficult for his blood to clot. While very serious, it is something that he should be able to overcome with time. There are still a few other possible reasons for what's happening but we are all praying the final diagnosis isn't something he can't handle.

1 comment:

Erin said...

The bed pics are so cute! How exciting! I was just thinking today how nice it will be when I don't have to strain my back to get him to bed...

Poor Mattox...and your poor sister, I am sure that is stressful for her. I will keep them in my prayers.