Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in Alabama

The final stop this busy Christmas was in Alabama at Grandma and Papa's lake house. We loaded up the car and drove, this time for 11 hours! It wouldn't have been so bad if Lexi wasn't sitting behind me and breathing on me, stinky! We were greeted by a house full... Grandma, Papa, Great Grandmother, Elizabeth, Tommy, Caleb, and their exchange student Christian. OH, and I can't forget that Lexi was also greeted by Bailey, Elizabeth and Tommy's dog, and Kelly, Grandma and Papa's 5 month old puppy. We had a perfect long weekend filled again with lots of eating and opening presents. The weather was unseasonably warm so we were even able to take a few trips out in the boat! The dogs got to roam free and while Kelly was having a ball, the poor old dogs, Lexi and Bailey, could barely walk up and down steps by the time the trip was through! Grandma and Addison made the best Christmas cookies I've ever tasted. Addison has gotten to be pretty good at making cookies... I'm thinking that next year, she'll be telling me what to do! Here are a few pictures from the weekend.


Hurry, Papa! Put my Dora jammies on!!


Twas the Night Before Christmas...


I'm such a happy baby!


Not too cold for me!


Cookie Time!


A special thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers for cousin Mattox. He was diagnosed with ITP and we all let out a sigh of relief that it wasn't leukemia. He will still need to be monitored closely by doctors and the family will have to keep a close eye on him to make sure he isn't too rambunctious... that's an almost impossible task with an 18 month old boy! I will keep you posted on his progress. Thank you again!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Yeah!! Glad you had an awesome Christmas. But where is the pic of you and that belly??? LOL! We are so glad to hear that Mattox is going to be fine. Pass on our love to them!