Wednesday, June 6, 2012

School's out for summer!

Like most moms, I was excited that it was summertime but completely overwhelmed thinking, "what in the world am I going to do all day long every day for three months with three kids?!" Of course, I turned to the internet for help. I stumbled upon a blog with an idea I thought was FANTASTIC! A weekly schedule! It's laminated so we erase each week and start over. It is only Week One but it's going great. Haylee is staying with us this week too so we had to have some exciting things going on at Camp Kara. Addison checks out the schedule every morning and reminds me so I don't forget what to do. Here is this week's...
Monday - Make Something
Tuesday - Time to Read
Wednesday - What's Cookin'
Thursday - Be Thoughtful
Friday - Somewhere Fun

For Monday, I scratched the Baby Toy idea (so much for sticking to a schedule!) because I realized Claire was probably too old to play with a tag toy. Since I needed some more bibs for her, I figured this was the perfect opportunity to get something done AND entertain the kids! We got some fabric markers and each girl drew a picture on the plain white fabric that will be used for the front of the bib. I have yet to construct these bibs but I have big plans to get started on it tonight. Here is Addison making her first marks. I'll update with the finished products... when they exist. :) Hmmm, this one might have been a lot more work for me!


Tuesday we went to the library. The girls were so excited to go. Addison and Haylee understand the whole 'checking out' a book concept but I'm worried that Brianna won't understand why she has to give her Dora book back! We also went to a story time geared for 3-5 year olds and Brianna loved every minute of that. Haylee and Addison were a little too cool to do some of the dances but I still think they had a good time. We got a library card and each girl checked out a book. There is a playground right next door so we did a little playin' and a little squirrel huntin' too!! Tuesday was a busy day!

Haylee had her eye on a squirrel that she wanted to chase!

Brianna MIGHT have been more interested in blocks than books!

Somewhere along the way, we had some downtime and had our first Mani Pedi's of the summer.

So much more to come but the dishes and laundry (and bibs) are calling so we will post those pictures another day! Oh, and here is your daily dose of baby Claire - can't believe I almost forgot!






No comments: