Friday, July 30, 2010

Scalloping in Crystal River

A few short days later we loaded up the girls (including Aunt Kimmy and Haylee!) in the Swagger Wagon and headed out to Crystal River for a long weekend. Winter Haven Gramma and Papa rented a house out there to take advantage of the scalloping this time of year. We all had a blast... lots of fun in the sun! Thursday, upon arrival, Kim, Papa, Bryan and I headed out to the scalloping grounds with lots of luck! I did burn my tooshie but it was worth it. Friday, Kim, Papa, Bryan and I headed out with a fishing guide. We caught enough fish for dinner (and some that got tossed right back in!) but it was HOTTTT!!! Saturday, Uncle Carl, Bryan and I headed out for another scalloping trip. That one wasn't quite as successful. We were fighting with hundreds of other boats for the good spots and the water was a bit too rocky for Uncle Bobo. We had enough scallops for an appetizer... for two people. ;) Sunday was a bit more relaxing and we took a trip out so the girls could swim. We took LOTS of pictures so I'll try to narrow it down as best I can.


Our 'booty' from the first trip out


Cleaning the scallops on the back porch


Time for an evening cruise


My SHARK! I actually caught a keeper Bluefish too believe it or not.

Kim's first Trout! Yummy!!

Dinner time!
Brianna loves the water!
Haylee and Kim
Lights out!

No comments: