Saturday, October 3, 2009

Poor Lexi

Our poor ol' girl Lexi has had quite a week! She got dropped off at a fun doggie daycare a little early last Thursday so I could get all ready to head out to Texas to visit Amy really early on Friday. A few short hours later, I got the call that she had jumped off a couch about and hasn't put any weight on her leg since. We took her to the vet and found out she had dislocated her hip. Sadly, I had to cancel my trip and take care of a three legged dog instead. It's been a crazy week, in and out of the vets office and LOTS of stress and worry on my part trying to keep her still. She ultimately has been put on 'kennel rest' and isn't allowed out except a couple times a day to go potty. To top it all off, she had to get stitches on her good foot because she stepped on something and sliced it open! It's looking like she will ultimately need surgery but I will keep you posted as we learn more. Addison has been quite the helper and likes to occassionally check Lexi's heartbeat on her forehead to make sure she is okay.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: